1. It is okay to buy the bigger pants size. You end up feeling a lot better about yourself when your pants actually fit! I know this seems like a real no brainer, but really BUY THE BIGGER SIZE.
2. Working hard is important for your self esteem. Whenever I feel kind of down in the dumps, or just plain blah, I have to really look at my life and what I am doing with it. If I am not working hard to accomplish my goals then I don’t feel good about myself. Adam earned is bread by the sweat of his brow and I believe we earn happiness as well. That is the reason we have free agency right? To choose good things and work hard and earn the life that we want.
3. The life that I want is not one where I slave away praising the almighty dollar. I want to be able to have enough for my needs so that my time can be spent building people up. I know that sounds super cheesy, but really. I want people to be my priority and happiness to be my tool.
4. Exercise, you are always happier when you do.
5. This has probably been the hardest for me. I can’t force blessings into my life. When Heavenly Father sees fit he will bless us with a family. I tend to compare my life to others and think that I should be further along. But that isn’t true. I should be enjoying the life I have now. Getting to know Ioua even more and growing more as a daughter of God. I need to not worry about what I don’t have YET. It will come and when it does it will be beautiful and wonderful.
I’ll admit that I really only finally learned this lesson this week. I was down on myself – eating a box of snicker-doodles I got from the store – when my mom told me to stop. “You need to stop.” She couldn’t have been more right. I need to stop trying to force Heavenly Father to alter his plan to match mine. He loves me, he is mindful of me, and there is nothing I need to worry about.